LOCKDOWN STORE CUPBOARD FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

Try to include some commentary - behind the scenes, the story, settings, etc...
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Re: LOCKDOWN STORE CUPBOARD FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

Post by Rob Trek »

This was from yesterday's breakfast. Still not there yet, but will try again tomorrow. I burnt the toast today so didn't bother. :D
P4160026.jpg
P4160026.jpg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 2492 times
P4160095.jpg
P4160095.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 2492 times
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
PaulPausescu

Post by PaulPausescu »

Thanks guys. I`m very happy you liked the idea and the result. It was my first try, i learned some things and i think that is the best thing about it:
1. shoot portrait only / landscape only (if you want to do group several images in the same big image the editing will be much easier and it will look more cleaner and professional)
2. If you put your mind and have the patience you can do it alone (i used a tripod and custom self timer 10pics at 3 sec interval)
3. Sometimes the process is more important than the result (i truly believe that i could have done a way better job), but i`m happy that i tried this.

@MagRat Garlic: Hope you had a really good meal.
@Rob: Now that you mentioned, i can see this being a poster :-? in a fast food place, or a restaurant... yeah. Nice idea :D
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Post by Rob Trek »

Another try. I might have to start searching for some good examples. I'm hitting my limit here.
P4180015.jpg
P4180015.jpg (2.79 MiB) Viewed 2487 times
P4180035.jpg
P4180035.jpg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 2487 times

wahab

Post by wahab »

Hello.
Here are a few of my junk food pictures. They may not look very appealing, but they sure tasted delicious.
Attachments
DSC_3352.jpg
DSC_3352.jpg (8.28 MiB) Viewed 2471 times
DSC_2647.jpg
DSC_2647.jpg (14.37 MiB) Viewed 2471 times
_DSC2372.jpg
_DSC2372.jpg (17.79 MiB) Viewed 2471 times
_DSC1633.jpg
_DSC1633.jpg (10.16 MiB) Viewed 2471 times
_DSC1631.jpg
_DSC1631.jpg (6.21 MiB) Viewed 2471 times
MagRat Garlic

Post by MagRat Garlic »

@Paul, maybe you could start selling tea towels, cooking aprons, and t-shirts printed with your "Lockdown Chowdown" food pictures on eBay ?

@Wahab, now those pictures really do make me hungry. That oozing burger bun has me salivating. Good job 😺.

@Roberto, yes, the cooking (especially the eggs) is looking much more appetising, almost good enough to eat. Maybe you could combine with your earlier backgrounds. I really liked those.

*** Please don't forget to tell us what your food is and including a recipe might be fun. I want Wahab's recipe for that burger bun oozing with sauce! ***

I suppose I'll have to get my own cameras out. Just need to chase the MagRat cat out of the kitchen, so I can cook without her poking her nose into everything. I have to fight her for my dinner every night.

Rick
wahab

Post by wahab »

@MagRat Garlic. Thanks a lot for your kind words. If the pics made you want that food then the aim of the pics was achieved...lol. I am so sorry. I can't share the recipe for that burger. That was a delicious burger at a hilltop on the island of Langkawi in Malaysia. I went there in 2016.
BTW...I really like your idea about those T-shirts. I would definitely buy anything with Rob's name on it. Big fan.
MagRat Garlic

Post by MagRat Garlic »

I came across this food photograph on a supermarket food recipe tonight. It's not as good as some of our food submissions, but I do like the way the egg is treated. The egg yolk looks yellow and full, yet it's spilling some beautiful looking yolk.

Quite possibly, there's a tube injecting more runny yellow yolk out of sight of the camera. That sort of trick is very much something I used to see.
sweetcorn-fritters__square.jpg
sweetcorn-fritters__square.jpg (43.88 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
These are things that are worth thinking about if you want your food shots to look truly delicious.

Of course, one of the problems we're facing in Lockdown is that we can't waste food. In normal times, you'd approach suppliers to scrounge eggs that are past their "best before" date. But going out to negotiate such things isn't sensible in Lockdown. That's why Rob is only photographing his breakfasts on a daily basis, as he cooks and eats them. It's another constraint I hope we're all working to. Please, don't waste food or endanger yourselves by going out to seek extra supplies.

My submission will be classic British baked beans on toast. I think I'll steal Rob's bokeh background, and I need to show my suggestion for showing food on the fork. Ho hum, I've dug myself into a hole 🤪😄.

Rick Bear
PaulPausescu

Post by PaulPausescu »

@Paul, maybe you could start selling tea towels, cooking aprons, and t-shirts printed with your "Lockdown Chowdown" food pictures on eBay ?
Another great idea. Thanks. I`ll look into it.
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Post by Rob Trek »

Another try before I have to restock.
P4210042.jpg
P4210042.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 2441 times

MagRat Garlic

Post by MagRat Garlic »

Maybe the prize for the winner is to have their image printed on a t-shirt or apron with the words

PHOTOGRAPHY
[ IMAGE ]
FEEDS THE SOUL

Any thoughts?

Keep those images coming,
Rick