Deboco Daily (Sometimes)

Try to include some commentary - behind the scenes, the story, settings, etc...
deboco

Deboco Daily (Sometimes)

Post by deboco »

Thank you so much for all your 'How-to's' Rob. I wanted to put a framed series together for a wall
Attachments
P5160037.jpg
P5160037.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 1618 times
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Re: Deboco Daily (Sometimes)

Post by Rob Trek »

Looking good! I love seeing people put pride in their work. More of us should print and frame our work, myself included!
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
deboco

Post by deboco »

Any tips for creating a series of prints welcome. The theme is flowers from my garden
Attachments
P5160071.jpg
P5160071.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 1599 times
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Post by Rob Trek »

Keep them coming!

I'm no designer/editor, but I here are some ideas.
Maybe coordinate the colors of the flowers with the colors in a room.
Create a collage and proportion the size of the flowers relative to each other.
Take a picture of the same flower with three different kinds of light or filters and create a trifecta collage.
Have the photos transferred to coffee mugs and put them in a display case or just use them for coffee.
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
deboco

Post by deboco »

Thanks Rob, great ideas. I really like the suggestion of the same flower three different ways. I'll start practising. I am so glad we are in the digital age, I would never have been able to afford the film and processing. I take hundreds to get a few that I like
Thomas-Paul

Post by Thomas-Paul »

Nice colours, texture and focus.
For me - miss background and there's a lot of empty space on the left (cut).
Beautifull shots, keep on
deboco

Post by deboco »

Any suggestions welcome to make these look professional rather than amateurish. I am attempting to create 3 framed flower prints. I have grouped what I have done into one jpg, but I do have 3 frames (12x12 in). The flower is Correa Alba, a very small flower, so that may make the bee look too big? Just looking for some tips on how to improve,
Attachments
three.jpg
three.jpg (14.34 MiB) Viewed 1576 times
MagRat Garlic

Post by MagRat Garlic »

Hi Deboco,
I did submit a longer reply, but this Forum doesn't like my using a secure VPN IP address, so the submission was lost.

Anyhow, you're instincts are correct: that bee looks too big and scary in a series of flower pictures. The other thing you've probably already realized is that the three pictures aren't a set: one is close cropped while another has the flowers in the centre surrounded by a lot of darkness; while, for a set of images, they should all be cropped or portrait/illustration style images.

As a professional photographer and designer, my thinking is that I'd reject these images as a set of wall hanging prints. However, if you think about using them to create a fabric print design, then you have some exciting possibilities.

How about going super close-up? Crop right in on a part of each flower. Enlarge the close-up to 3 or 4 times lifesize. And then rotate some of your almost abstract images through 90°, 180°, and 270°, so you can create a repeating flower-based pattern design. That'd be far more exciting than 'just another' flower photograph. You could create a wonderful light summer dress pattern or a fabric for upholstering couches and armchairs, curtains, seat cushions. Think about emphasising the pastel colours.

Anyway, those are my initial thoughts. You have some real potential here. Hopefully, I've given you a few ideas about how you might develop your images from "just another flower picture" into something that's new, original, and exciting?

Have fun,
Rick
deboco

Mushroom soup

Post by deboco »

Just some Sunday fun. Rob's opinion of soup did come to mind!
Attachments
P5240089.JPG
P5240089.JPG (7.78 MiB) Viewed 1560 times
deboco

Spiderweb

Post by deboco »

A cold foggy morning with spiderwebs covered in dew. Hundreds of images later and I still don't have THE shot! And now the dew has long gone. But I did find that some blur can be fun. Back out there tomorrow!
PS had to climb a ladder to get close to this web.
Attachments
P5260298.JPG
P5260298.JPG (7.58 MiB) Viewed 1551 times