Remember remember the 5th November....

Try to include some commentary - behind the scenes, the story, settings, etc...
Softfun

Remember remember the 5th November....

Post by Softfun »

It was Guy Fawkes Night or Bonfire Night in the UK yesterday. An annual commemoration observed on 5 November, primarily in the United Kingdom. Its history begins with the events of 5 November 1605 when Guy Fawkes, a member of the Gunpowder Plot, was arrested while guarding explosives the plotters had placed beneath the House of Lords. On 31 January 1606, Fawkes and three others were dragged from the Tower to the Old Palace Yard at Westminster. His fellow plotters were then hanged and quartered. Fawkes was the last to stand on the scaffold. Weakened by torture and aided by the hangman, Fawkes began to climb the ladder to the noose, but either through jumping to his death or climbing too high so the rope was incorrectly set, he managed to avoid the agony of the latter part of his execution by breaking his neck. His lifeless body was nevertheless quartered and, as was the custom, his body parts were then distributed to "the four corners of the kingdom", to be displayed as a warning to other would-be traitors.

Any I climbed a hill and stood in a cold field for 2 hours to capture this, lol......
Attachments
_B050025.jpg
“Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.”
Barking

Re: Remember remember the 5th November....

Post by Barking »

Good panoramic capture
WhoIsSerafin

Post by WhoIsSerafin »

Ok?🥺 And this calls for a American style 4th of July? Very odd but the fireworks look like fun and the photos show a spectacular moment.
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Post by Rob Trek »

Brutal story but great shot! Thanks for sharing that history and your picture.
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
DeMorcan

Post by DeMorcan »

nice number of number of fireworks to make a good photo