My Best Sunflower Shot

Try to include some commentary - behind the scenes, the story, settings, etc...
GearHead

My Best Sunflower Shot

Post by GearHead »

First, I must define my "best". For 15 years, my best shots were my "best selling" shots.
My best selling sunflower image is "The Sunflower Church." I have sold more than 1,000 sunflower church prints.
sfchurch.jpg
The church is the James River Memorial Lutheran Church. It has been preserved just outside of Grace City, North Dakota.
This is a heavily edited composite image from 2004. It was taken with the Olympus C-8080, an amazing 8mp digital camera.
It has the same blue sky as most of my sunflower images. Thus creating a signature sky which encouraged buying multiple prints for grouping. See sample grouping below. The long image is a 10 shot panorama. It is 8 feet long.
forpost.jpg

I print my images on premium photo paper or premium canvas. My printer is the Epson 4800(no longer in production). It requires 8 ink cartridges at $119.00 each. After printing, I triple coat each canvas print with "Eco Print Shield". "Eco Print Shield" protects the print from moisture, the sun, and scratches. It was a selling point that these images could be hung in screen rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, cabins, etc. without fear of damage. After stretching the canvas onto a homemade stretcher frame I mount the print in a homemade frame. Many people have mistaken these pieces for oil paintings.
trek wall.jpg
Below: My booth at the Island Park Art Fair, Fargo, North Dakota.
sf-display.jpg
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Re: My Best Sunflower Shot

Post by Rob Trek »

I really like the hands on approach you take with your prints. I think it adds that little extra magic.
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
DeMorcan

Post by DeMorcan »

Nice work
RobertoCarlos

Post by RobertoCarlos »

Nice !!