Lasse from Sweden says hi!

Tell us a little about yourself, share your social media and websites
Lasse

Lasse from Sweden says hi!

Post by Lasse »

I started to take photography seriously in the mid-sixties. My first interchangeable lens camera was a Canon. Some of my friends had Leicas – which at that time was affordable – and I considered to do the same. Ever since then I sticked to Canon up until 2015 when I switched to Fujifilm because I wanted to go mirrorless.

Since one of my targets for photography is birds I need some long lenses. In an event in late 2017 Olympus had a stand there and I saw the E-M1 II with a 300mm f4 for the first time. A lens that was half the size and weight compared to my Canon 500mm f4. I bought it on place together with an included 12-40mm f2.8 lens. All of a sudden I could leave the tripod at home since handholding this camera/lens combination was very easy. I switched once more and sold most of my Fujifilm gear except the X-Pro2 and some prime lens. When Fujifilm X100V came I also sold my X-Pro2. Over the time I have added lenses for my Olympus system and also a second body.

The Olympus system has worked very well for me. It's easy to travel with and the image quality is more than enough for me.

And #Rob, thank you for revealing the secrets of the Olympus menu system. I don't know what I had done without you.
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Re: Lasse from Sweden says hi!

Post by Rob Trek »

Always interesting to see why people decided to use Olympus. The size/weight advantage is their primary selling point. Thanks for sharing.
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D