Hi from Steve

Tell us a little about yourself, share your social media and websites
Steve

Hi from Steve

Post by Steve »

I am new to Olympus micro 4/3, but old to photography. In fact, I am just old. My first DSLR was a Miranda F which acquired in the early 1960s. I have owned numerous other cameras since that time including an Olymus OM1, Nikon Fm2n, Nikon 8008, Pentax K1000, Canon 20D, Canon Rebel 3Ti, numerous point and shoots and others. I mostly did travel photography over that time and was never serious about being a "photographer". Even though I understand some of the technical aspects of photography, I never mastered the fine points of composition, lighting etc. I am working on that now in my old age. I find the Olympus form factor and user interface conducive to that.

My second photographic interest is astrophotography which I am more interested in from a technical rather than aesthetic standpoint. I have used DSLR's and standard for this, but most of my astrophotography has centered on using special CCD cameras with chips that are cooled to reduce dark current. Most of my images were taken through telescopes situated on tracking mounts, that make long time exposure possible in order to capture details in distant nebulae and galaxies. There are many people much better at this than I am, but I enjoy it.
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Re: Hi from Steve

Post by Rob Trek »

Welcome, Steve!

Looking forward to you sharing your experience with all of us. I'm with you on the astrophotography. It's fun and challenging, even if we don't get the best results. As you say, many out there that are very good at it.
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D