Hello I'm MarkedWolf

Tell us a little about yourself, share your social media and websites
Markedwolf Reiko

Hello I'm MarkedWolf

Post by Markedwolf Reiko »

Hello everyone especially to Uncle Rob.

I found Rob Trek's Youtube channel when I was looking for adapted manual focus lenses on MFT cameras. I prefer using manual vintage lenses for the reason they are cheap and feels more durable than newer plastic auto focus lenses. Then I realized Uncle Rob also does livestream which is great because I have tons of questions about Photography.

I started with Photography when I was a kid back in the 90's using cheap plastic point and shoot cameras of my parents and what I got for a gift. I also enjoy taking photos because I enjoy looking back at them after so so years. Photos pretty much act like a time machine for me and I feel nostalgic whenever I see and remember those days.

I got my first DSLR back in 2014 because I want to get serious into photography. I was able to shoot and get paid but after a while I quit and establish my own business of selling vintage photography gear, films and other photo accessories.

Now in 2020, I decided to register here and be active in Uncle Rob's livestreams because I want to learn and grow more as a photographer. I don't think I can become a full time pro because as always my business comes first but it will be a dream for me to be able to shoot professionally at least once a week. But I don't think it will come anytime soon due to the quarantine hitting us hard and I see photographers here selling their gear to fend for their children and buy laptops for their children's online education. Aside from that I still feel I need to grow and hone my skills. I want to have a newbie mindset and always be willing to learn. I know I can learn a lot from others and I'm willing to share my knowledge as well.

Regarding gear, my lenses are mostly Nikon AI/AIS glasses. I enjoy shooting Nikon DSLRs but my everyday carry is a MFT Olympus EPL-7 camera. MFT cameras area best for travel and I'm already amazed by its image quality because I grew up shooting 35mm point and shoots and digital 2000s point and shoots :lol:

Hoping to one day visit the USA and be able to shoot with some of you guys it will be great!
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Re: Hello I'm MarkedWolf

Post by Rob Trek »

Thanks for sharing your story. I started in 2013 myself. Must be fun selling vintage gear. Thanks for your participation in the streams and now in my forum. Feel free to contact me if you ever some to the USA.
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
Markedwolf Reiko

Re: Hello I'm MarkedWolf

Post by Markedwolf Reiko »

Rob Trek wrote:
01 Oct 2020 13:16
Thanks for sharing your story. I started in 2013 myself. Must be fun selling vintage gear. Thanks for your participation in the streams and now in my forum. Feel free to contact me if you ever some to the USA.
Hi Uncle Rob!
Yes it's a great opportunity for me to test different cameras but over time it can grow tiring and makes me have no time to shoot. Only now I am able to shoot due to low sales of films and cameras. Pandemic has hit hard here but my hope is still up that the people who shoot will be back to travelling. Looking forward to the next stream as I have another bunch of questions and also am excited to edit your photo again :)