Olympus Corporation is sold

WhoIsSerafin

Olympus Corporation is sold

Post by WhoIsSerafin »

Maybe this is old news?

Quote: Aug 11, 2020 10:00 AM
Olympus Corporation President and CEO: Yasuo Takeuchi recently concluded an agreement with Nissha Co. Ltd. President and CEO Junya Suzuki on the transfer of the Norwalk facility to Nissha Medical Technologies (New York; NMT), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nissha.

The Norwalk facility is one of the manufacturing sites for therapeutic devices in US under Olympus Surgical Technologies America (Massachusetts; OSTA).

Under the contract, the transfer of the facility to NMT is scheduled to be completed by the end of December. Production of the medical devices for urology and gynecology and components for therapeutic medical devices will remain at the Norwalk facility. Employees will become members of NMT.

Olympus is moving forward with Transform Olympus, a multi-tiered plan aimed at making changes for sustained growth as global medtech company. This transfer concerning its manufacturing functions is part of the overall efforts to optimize our global organizational structure.
https://norwalkreflector.com/news/27168 ... n-is-sold/
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Re: Olympus Corporation is sold

Post by Rob Trek »

Looks like just the manufacturing of some of the medical equipment is sold. I guess Olympus wants to focus on R&D.
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
WhoIsSerafin

Re: Olympus Corporation is sold

Post by WhoIsSerafin »

Rob Trek wrote:
11 Aug 2020 22:29
Looks like just the manufacturing of some of the medical equipment is sold. I guess Olympus wants to focus on R&D.
It seems like they are slimming down the entire company and that’s why they sold the camera division.