Workspace vs Lightroom Edit

Rob Trek
Site Admin

Workspace vs Lightroom Edit

Post by Rob Trek »

Comparing Workspace vs Lightroom

Although great resuls can be had with Free Olympus Workspace, Lightroom does a better job with highlight recovery, noise, and adding sharpness. It was also much faster than Workspace. Where Workspace took 10secs - 60secs to render each adjustment, Lightroom was virtually instant.

Olympus E-M5 III, 75-300mm at 264mm, f/7.1, 1/160th, iso320

SOOC
P7200112-2soc.jpg
Workspace
P7200112-2ow.jpg
Lightroom
P7200112-2lr.jpg
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
WalterRowe

Re: Workspace vs Lightroom Edit

Post by WalterRowe »

Look at the white in the forehead. The Workspace edit has a green color cast. The SOOC and LR versions have more true coloring. Is that an issue with the software or the operator? LOL.

Send me a raw file and I will give you a Capture One rendering to add to the comparison.
--
"The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing". -Clyde Butcher
--
Walter Rowe Photography | Walter Rowe Biography | Capture One Affiliate
WhoIsSerafin

Re: Workspace vs Lightroom Edit

Post by WhoIsSerafin »

I’m not liking the colors from Lightroom or work space. But is it the user or the program, it would be interesting to see results from several people working on the same photo and see what they come up with. The top photo beats them by a mile with my eyes at least.
I’ve only used light room on my tablet and no fan whatsoever because the sliders are very temperamental even though they have been improved some recently that I’m close to giving it another try. But I’m pretty happy with Polarr for RAW and Snapseed for jpegs since I do all my editing on tablets now.