Olympus in preliminary stages of selling of imaging division

Post by Bobby WVP »

What do people think about this news?

https://www.43rumors.com/it-happened-o ... ss-to-jip/
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Re: Olympus in preliminary stages of selling of imaging division

Post by Rob Trek »

I'm sad. Doesn't really affect me now or in the next few years, but who knows long term.
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
FlyfishnFoto

Post by FlyfishnFoto »

It could be good news but also the end of an era.
Olympus have been great innovators with their cameras. The OM range of film cameras and also the OM-D models (with the exception of the OM-D E-M 1X imho) are the best designed cameras visually and should be regarded as classics.

If the sale of the Imaging Division does go ahead one can only hope JIP want to continue the Olympus tradition of innovation and excellent design. If they do we will all benefit.
If all they want to do is flog off the Oly patents and end camera/lens production, research and innovation it will be a sad day not just for Oly users but also for other camera brand users who have also benefitted from Oly resarch and devlopment.

Whilst the smartphone cameras continue to improve it will be a long time (if ever) that they are able to match the results of traditional cameras. Going out and taking photos with such a beautifully engineered camera as an Oly is a joy.
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Post by Rob Trek »

I love photography and my Olympus cameras. All we can do is hope for a bright future but for now just enjoy the awesomeness of Olympus OM-D.
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D