Focus Points EM1 Mk2

Brian P

Focus Points EM1 Mk2

Post by Brian P »

Something I am not quite clear about. I know how to set up a single focus point or multiple points, however if i set more than a single point when I look through the viewfinder it shows just a single focusing point. Is this correct or should I see the number of points that I have set?
MagRat Garlic

Re: Focus Points EM1 Mk2

Post by MagRat Garlic »

Hello Brian,
Are you trying to set lots of different focus points, each in a different location (a bit like sampling multiple exposure readings across your viewfinder)?

Rick
Brian P

Post by Brian P »

Hi Thank you for responding. I normally use a single centre focusing point. But occasionally select say 4 points or 9 points. Having made the selection on the rear screen, I expected to see the same focusing point selection display in the eye level viewfinder. But what I get is just a single focusing point displayed. Am I missing something here? Or is this normal. Brian
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Post by Rob Trek »

The camera will select one of the focus points within the grid automatically. Probably the one with the most contrast. You can set center priority and center start in the AF/MF menu.

If you half press the shutter button repeatedly, you might notice the focus point will move to different parts of the grid.
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
Brian P

Post by Brian P »

Thanks Rob. Coffee on its way Regards. Brian
MagRat Garlic

Post by MagRat Garlic »

Hello Brian,
I see Rob's already answered your question. I would just add that Olympus probably chose to only display the one outlined square in the electronic viewfinder (evf), as versus up to nine, to keep the evf uncluttered.
Have fun,
Rick