Assigning MySet to Fn Button. Not Working?

jpmccormac1

Assigning MySet to Fn Button. Not Working?

Post by jpmccormac1 »

I've set up MySet 4 on my M10 Mk 2 for shooting birds using Shutter Priority, Auto ISO, etc. I can assign that MySet 4 to a Fn Button - for example Fn2. Shouldn't I be able to enable MySet 4 no matter what PASM mode I'm in by pressing the Fn2 button? In this scenario nothing happens when I press Fn2 - even though MySet 4 is assigned to FN2 button. What am I doing wrong?
John P. McCormack
"Sometimes the subject's not sharp, but the feelings are clear." - Rock Photographer Bob Gruen.
jpmccormac1

Re: Assigning MySet to Fn Button. Not Working?

Post by jpmccormac1 »

I asked Rob this question on the Live Stream and he pointed me to his video number 250 here: https://youtu.be/XrVFYLlCSvM. The short answer is that you can't recall a MySet using an Fn button when you have previously assigned that MySet to the Mode dial. Assigning MySets to the Mode dial is easier anyway unless you only have one or two MySets that you want to assign to Fn buttons and don't assign one or two MySets to a setting on the Mode dial.
FYI. I have four MySets assigned to the Mode dial in this order: IAuto (MySet 1); P (MySet 2); A (MySet 3); S (MySet 4). I shoot birds and wildlife for the most part so I leave the camera in IAuto (MySet 1) which is Shutter priority, 1/1600 sec., Auto ISO, etc.) I know that I can switch to MySet 2, 3 and 4 easily by rotating the Mode dial counterclockwise by one click, two clicks, three clicks to change MySets. Muscle memory is what it's all about. ;)
John P. McCormack
"Sometimes the subject's not sharp, but the feelings are clear." - Rock Photographer Bob Gruen.