Migrating Lightroom to Capture One by Walter Rowe

Rob Trek
Site Admin

Migrating Lightroom to Capture One by Walter Rowe

Post by Rob Trek »

For those considering Capture One, here is a tutorial on moving images over from my good friend Walter Rowe. Get a free trial using his affiliate link in the video.

You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
WalterRowe

Re: Migrating Lightroom to Capture One by Walter Rowe

Post by WalterRowe »

Thanks Rob for the mention. Feel free to ask questions about Capture One. I will do my best to help. I an not an expert and I don't work for Capture One. I am an affiliate so I do get a commission when people use my links to buy Capture One products.
--
"The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing". -Clyde Butcher
--
Walter Rowe Photography | Walter Rowe Biography | Capture One Affiliate
MagRat Garlic

Post by MagRat Garlic »

I've never used Lightroom, as I refuse to pay a subscription. But I do have PhotoShop and have recently purchased the perpetual license download of Capture One. So far, it looks very good, although I've still got a steep learning curve before I'll be comfortable with it. So, thanks Rob, for a link to someone who'll show me some tips on how to use Capture One.

Even experienced old pros, like me, who are experts in digital image manipulation, appreciate a hand up when learning new software. That's why people like Rob Trek and Walter Rowe are such heroes. Thank you guys,

Rick Bear
WalterRowe

Post by WalterRowe »

Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. There are also some terrific Facebook groups with thousands of members and a far greater combined wealth of knowledge. I work on macOS. Others work on Windows.
--
--
Thai-Mike

Post by Thai-Mike »

I do have Capture One 21 Pro, it is great. Maybe I should it use more. I like the layers. Th emigration is very helpful. What I don't like is the export function. This keeps me from using that software permanently.
My simple Gear Olympus EM5ii the Kit lens M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ + a CPL filter and L-plate
WalterRowe

Post by WalterRowe »

Thai-Mike wrote:
15 Sep 2021 03:08
I do have Capture One 21 Pro, it is great. Maybe I should it use more. I like the layers. Th emigration is very helpful. What I don't like is the export function. This keeps me from using that software permanently.
I recommend looking at the latest Capture One 21 (14.4) update released last week. It restores the prior export capabilities. You have to manually add back the Export tab. Right-click the sidebar tool tab and select Add Tool Tab > Export to bring it back.
--
--
Thai-Mike

Post by Thai-Mike »

WalterRowe wrote:
04 Oct 2021 18:20

I recommend looking at the latest Capture One 21 (14.4) update released last week. It restores the prior export capabilities. You have to manually add back the Export tab. Right-click the sidebar tool tab and select Add Tool Tab > Export to bring it back.
Just got the newest version
My simple Gear Olympus EM5ii the Kit lens M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ + a CPL filter and L-plate