Spring Bunnies OMD EM5 Mk 3

Try to include some commentary - behind the scenes, the story, settings, etc...
Lysippus

Spring Bunnies OMD EM5 Mk 3

Post by Lysippus »

Looking for birds and came across these spring Bunnies at a Wetland Centre in the UK. I tried creating a black and white photo from an otherwise dull composition. Shot with OMD Em5 Mk3 with M40-150 F2.8 + MC1.4 Teleconverter. Auto ISO 200; 210mm; F 5.0; 1/250 sec. JPEG quality set at 60% for web. Shutter priority used and speed set to get the lowest ISO as the bunnies weren't moving too much. Processed photo in Lightroom and also tried Topaz DeNoise, because of the amount crop required. Topaz not needed for this black and white grainy photo, but I tried it out anyway for the colour version to see if it made a difference, given the crop. I have found that either Topaz DeNoise or Lightroom can be quite good with my bird photos, depending on the Auto ISO setting. Pushing my comfort zone.
Attachments
Spring bunnies OMDEM5MK3.jpg
DeMorcan

Re: Spring Bunnies OMD EM5 Mk 3

Post by DeMorcan »

So good of the bunnies to pose for you.
WhoIsSerafin

Post by WhoIsSerafin »

Lysippus wrote:
21 May 2021 22:52
Looking for birds and came across these spring Bunnies at a Wetland Centre in the UK. I tried creating a black and white photo from an otherwise dull composition. Shot with OMD Em5 Mk3 with M40-150 F2.8 + MC1.4 Teleconverter. Auto ISO 200; 210mm; F 5.0; 1/250 sec. JPEG quality set at 60% for web. Shutter priority used and speed set to get the lowest ISO as the bunnies weren't moving too much. Processed photo in Lightroom and also tried Topaz DeNoise, because of the amount crop required. Topaz not needed for this black and white grainy photo, but I tried it out anyway for the colour version to see if it made a difference, given the crop. I have found that either Topaz DeNoise or Lightroom can be quite good with my bird photos, depending on the Auto ISO setting. Pushing my comfort zone.

That had to take some patience because we a lot of rabbits around us but they are so skittish.
Lysippus

Post by Lysippus »

I saw these two rabbits as I turned a corner of a road. They were quite far away but I stopped and waited until they crossed the path to my right where there was a hedge. I thought they had made off, but on rounding the bend I saw them, I presume, feeding on grass. My Olympus Camera was set already for birds and on L so I fired off 6 -8 shots with one looking right at me. They then both scampered into the hedge. I was a maxed out at 210mm with my MC1.4 on the 40-150 2.8 pro Sutter priority. I am grateful for a lucky shot, and one where I'm sure Rob would have recommended to go black and white.