Recent purchaser of Lumiinar 4

FlyfishnFoto

Recent purchaser of Lumiinar 4

Post by FlyfishnFoto »

Hi,
Whilst I have Lightroom 6 I recently purchased Luminar 4. The latter is a useful addition as a post-processing tool as it does things that Lightroom does not. Jim Nix does excellent You Tube tutorials (as do others) which shows how versatile it is and I can recommend them. For the price it represents excellent value. Rob's live stream edits using Oly Workspace are very helpful and show some adjustments eg the filters that neither Lightroom or Luminar can do without purchasing presets. Hopefully Olympus will update Workspace and add more editing options.
RobertoCarlos

Re: Recent purchaser of Lumiinar 4

Post by RobertoCarlos »

Hi,

Do you process ORF directly in Luminar or do you use Workspace for processing a DNG file? Just wonder how to best keep Olympus colors.

Thanks
WalterRowe

Post by WalterRowe »

I am curious what you find Luminar capable of doing that a current version of LR would not do? If I recall correctly Luminar has sky swap? LR has no ability to incorporate elements from different files other than when using the HDR merge and pano stitching feature. I love Capture One but it is missing HDR merge and pano stitching and also cannot incorporate elements from different files.
--
"The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing". -Clyde Butcher
--
Walter Rowe Photography | Walter Rowe Biography | Capture One Affiliate
FlyfishnFoto

Post by FlyfishnFoto »

Hi,
Sorry about the late reply.
I will usually use the ORF file directly in Luminar but often as a plugin of Lightroom.
Luminar allows layers and luminosity masks which one has to have a relatively recent Photoshop to do.
Layers and Luminosity masks both facilitate creative editing.
The sky replacement is incredible.
I do not think the new Luminar AI has enough to tempt me to purchase it as I am very happy with Luminar 4.
Depending on how I want to edit a photo I may use any of the editing software I have ie lightroom,luminar,Rawtherapee and Workspace.

For anyone who cannot afford Lightroom or Luminar Rawtherapee is a very capable software which has some unique features in spite of it being free.