Mount Tsukuba, Japan

Try to include some commentary - behind the scenes, the story, settings, etc...
Bobby WVP

Mount Tsukuba, Japan

Post by Bobby WVP »

These are from when I went on short hike with the family at this mountain, I think last autumn (fall). It was around the time I had just got my first Olympus camera, the EM10 mark ii. I was also using the m.zuiko 25mm and the PanaLeica 15mm. These are some of the ones I was somewhat happy with. It was a pretty overcast day, for the better part of it, and pretty hazy around the surrounding areas so light wasn't the best. They have been post processed in LightRoom. Maybe a little heavy handed. I find landscapes quite difficult still.

The sunlight breaking through the clouds and highlighting parts of the surrounding areas was kinda interesting from this perspective, to me.

The next two are the same photo but edited a little differently. Not sure it helps either way.

I liked how the mountain colors stood out from the rather muted and cloudy background. It was a pretty dark shot originally because of all the cloud cover so had to adjust exposure and shadows and highlights to regain some of the colours.

At the time this set of rocks that were a stair/pathway looked interesting stuck amid the trees and bushes.

One of the reasons to visit this mountain is to see the frog rock and through stones to feed it and get good luck if the stone stays in its mouth.
You can see my photos at either...
Flickr
or
Instagram
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Re: Mount Tsukuba, Japan

Post by Rob Trek »

Beautiful shots!
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Post by Rob Trek »

Beautiful shots!
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
Bobby WVP

Post by Bobby WVP »

Rob Trek wrote:
11 Jun 2020 14:23
Beautiful shots!
Thanks. I wish I had more time to visit places to improve my landscapes. Pretty flat and bland in my town/city.
You can see my photos at either...
Flickr
or
Instagram