FYI

GearHead

FYI

Post by GearHead »

I upgraded to the new Workspace. The new Workspace won't run on my Windows 10 desktop pc. The previous version of workspace is gone. OM systems support could not resolve the issue and could not give me the previous version because they don't have it.
My PC is older, but has an Intel quad core i7 running the current version of Windows 10 with plenty of memory and storage. I think the problem is I am using the native Intel graphics. It looks like Workspace now prefers an nVidia graphics card.

I was able to find the older version in my download folder. So I am back to version 1.3.2
DeMorcan

Re: FYI

Post by DeMorcan »

I have an AMD card which works well with Photoshop and photo processing programs/addons. I could not d/l the the Workspace, but did it through upgrade of my old one. The program works, but I cannot get the noise reduction module. I moved the art filters to LR/ACR. I liked the noise reduction as it did not do any sharpening & seemed to be a flatter profile rather camera selected one. I wanted to see the Workspace noise reduction was really doing. I would like to see what it did when the photo was taken with a normal profile and some blown highlights and oversaturated colors. I cannot know unless I buy another card and my AMD plays well with my AMD processor for multiple monitors giving me 3 instead of 2 I got with Nvidia. And if anyone wonders, I have an Adobe RGB monitor and a second SRBG monitor for my working space and for converting to sRGB for online use. The third monitor is my TV for HDR10+ when color grading video which I cannot see accurately on the my monitors.
GearHead

Re: FYI

Post by GearHead »

I upgraded my graphics card to a 4 gb nvidia card. This allowed me to install and run the new OM Workspace. However, just like Demorcan reported, the new AI Noise Reduction feature will not install/run on my older Intel i7 Windows 10 (64 bit) computer.
These are the OM system requirements for AI Noise Reduction:

AI Noise Reduction:
64-bit OS
NVIDIA video card (latest GPU Driver is recommended)
CUDA version 11.2 or laterNVIDIA or a card with an AMD GPU...

Interestingly, the OM support person I talked to said the new Workspace was designed for Windows 11.