Olympus E-M10 II using Topaz Denoise vs Nikon D750

RobShootPhotos

Olympus E-M10 II using Topaz Denoise vs Nikon D750

Post by RobShootPhotos »

I really found Rob Trek's information about how Olympus matches up to APS-C and Full Frame informative but I wanted to see how using his images the E-M10 II matched up against the Nikon D750 if I was to process them through Topaz Denoise. Unfortunately I don't have access to the original files, the square image is only about 2.5mp each and I'm sure there is some compression going on with the JPEG when Rob Trek posted the test comparison but I think you will be impressed with the results.
12800 using Topaz.jpg
12800 using Topaz.jpg (9.82 MiB) Viewed 523 times
25600 using Topaz.jpg
25600 using Topaz.jpg (11.28 MiB) Viewed 523 times
This is at the extreme of 12,800 & 25,600 ISOs. Certainly when you compare a full frame camera with 24mp, there will be more detail in the image itself, so there will be some fine lines of detail the E-M10 II won't have. However Topaz does seem to do a pretty good job despite the lack of fine details and that the image is very compressed and small in comparison to the raw file.

I got to say, Topaz really brought an improvement to my photos image quality that the desire to upgrade my E-M10 II has lessen. I do look forward to the extra pixels, faster burst rate and finer focus points for bird photography but this camera has truly satisfied my needs in all the other genres I shoot.

Hope you found this helpful!

Instagram: @RobShootPhotos
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Re: Olympus E-M10 II using Topaz Denoise vs Nikon D750

Post by Rob Trek »

Thanks, Rob.

The E-M10ii is a great camera. Denoising is a process. Topaz automates this process to a great degree. My Topaz free trial expired so I couldn't test it directly with my own efforts. I'm not that sensitive to noise and can reduce it enough in Workspace to make me happy. Maybe I'll do a video on it.

I'll put up a link later to the original files so you can play with them if you like.
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D