First try of Olympus 30mm f3.5 macro lens

Try to include some commentary - behind the scenes, the story, settings, etc...
neobluepill

First try of Olympus 30mm f3.5 macro lens

Post by neobluepill »

Hello,

This was shot with Olympus EM10 Mark III - Olympus Zuiko 30mm f3.5 macro - shot @ F/10 iso 200 - 3 secondes.

Now I'm convinced to buy a flash in order to do more macro shot, this is a requirement.
Attachments
_B030008_Nikfinal_editfinal_edit.jpg
Last edited by neobluepill on 06 Nov 2020 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Re: First try of Olympus 30mm f3.5 macro lens

Post by Rob Trek »

Great first effort! Yes, a flash will make all the difference. Here's are similar ones I did with flash & 12-40mm pro.
Attachments
P8160255.jpg
E5160288.jpg
E5160345.jpg
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
neobluepill

Post by neobluepill »

Rob Trek wrote:
04 Nov 2020 14:32
Great first effort! Yes, a flash will make all the difference. Here's are similar ones I did with flash & 12-40mm pro.
Nice shots, I can see the improvement with the flash. Pictures have a "3D effect" and it pops more too.
WalterRowe

Post by WalterRowe »

Rob is really good at using his off camera flash.When Rob and I go out, I mostly leave the flash in the camera hot shoe while Rob has his camera in one hand and flash in the other. He moves the flash closer and further away, places it in different orientations all around the subject.
--
"The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing". -Clyde Butcher
--
Walter Rowe Photography | Walter Rowe Biography | Capture One Affiliate
neobluepill

Post by neobluepill »

WalterRowe wrote:
04 Nov 2020 23:03
Rob is really good at using his off camera flash.When Rob and I go out, I mostly leave the flash in the camera hot shoe while Rob has his camera in one hand and flash in the other. He moves the flash closer and further away, places it in different orientations all around the subject.
I see what you mean, Robin Wong is also using this technique that I've seen in one of his video. Thank you for your feedback, so I know what to buy next.

One more question are you using any diffuser for flash light ? Like a sheet of white plastic to soften or bounce the light ?
neobluepill

Post by neobluepill »

Hello Rob,

After watching your video related to godox flash 350tt and the transmitter, I've just ordered this combo. The video was very informative and conviced me to upgrade in order to get better results.

Thank you for your content.

Here my second attempt with the 30mm macro, during this season there is not a lot of light to work with in the forest. I'll try to go to the same spot and try to shot with the flash.
Attachments
_B070099final_edit.jpg