No audio after doing video on EM5 Mark3

WhoIsSerafin

No audio after doing video on EM5 Mark3

Post by WhoIsSerafin »

So I don’t do that much video but the times I have after a transfer to my tablet I’ve never had a issue with no audio. I can play it on the camera and hear it just fine. Now if I hook my external mic I can’t hear it on the camera or on my tablet after transferring it. I have the external mic option turned on for the camera. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?
WhoIsSerafin

Re: No audio after doing video on EM5 Mark3

Post by WhoIsSerafin »

WhoIsSerafin wrote:
11 May 2021 23:38
So I don’t do that much video but the times I have after a transfer to my tablet I’ve never had a issue with no audio. I can play it on the camera and hear it just fine. Now if I hook my external mic I can’t hear it on the camera or on my tablet after transferring it. I have the external mic option turned on for the camera. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?
If anyone has any ideas on this it would be greatly appreciated! I’m heading to blade show next week and really would like to get this solved.

Thanks!
DeMorcan

Post by DeMorcan »

I am assuming if your mic has batteries, you have checked them and the mic. Some mics are powered from the camera. Do you have another mic or another camera to test and see where the problem is at? What model mic do you have?
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Post by Rob Trek »

Check these items:

Make sure you're using a mic with TRS jack and not TRRS.
In the Movie Menu -> Movie Mic -> Recording Volume -> MIC -> 0db or higher
In the Movie Menu -> Plug-In-Power -> On
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
WhoIsSerafin

Post by WhoIsSerafin »

Rob Trek wrote:
30 May 2021 14:04
Check these items:

Make sure you're using a mic with TRS jack and not TRRS.
In the Movie Menu -> Movie Mic -> Recording Volume -> MIC -> 0db or higher
In the Movie Menu -> Plug-In-Power -> On
This problem is with and without any mic attached.
WhoIsSerafin

Post by WhoIsSerafin »

DeMorcan wrote:
29 May 2021 18:36
I am assuming if your mic has batteries, you have checked them and the mic. Some mics are powered from the camera. Do you have another mic or another camera to test and see where the problem is at? What model mic do you have?
On my tablet it says audio codec not supported.
DeMorcan

Post by DeMorcan »

What is the brand and model of the mic? This is important as many basic and high quality musician mics are low impedance. The Olympus takes a high impedance. I use low impedance mics and need a matching transformer if I want to use them plugged into the camera. I tried 1 on the my cameras although different models and they did not work on the the EM1 or the EM10II. I do not know why I did not think of this until I tried it. My memory is very random access. :) I have stage/studio mics and non of the ones I tried worked. I have no idea where my impedance transformers are as I record into Audacity on a computer to lay down different tracks.
Last edited by DeMorcan on 01 Jun 2021 18:48, edited 2 times in total.
WhoIsSerafin

Post by WhoIsSerafin »

DeMorcan wrote:
01 Jun 2021 18:23
What is the brand and model of the mic? This is important as many basic and high quality musician mics are low impedance. The Olympus takes a high impedance. I use low impedance mics and need a matching transformer if I want to use them plugged into the camera. I tried 1 on the my cameras although different models and they did not work on the the EM1 or the EM10II. I do not know why I did not think of this until I tried it. My memory is very random access. :) I have stage/studio mics and non of the ones I tried worked. I have no idea where my impedance transformers are as I record into Audacity on a computer to lay down different tracks.
Ok so I figured it out, for some reason my video player app was the problem and after 6 months for some reason it just won’t play anything with Olympus cameras anymore not changing anything with my setup. I downloaded another video player and we are good to go for my trip to Blade Show.
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Post by Rob Trek »

Thanks for the update!
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D